Games you played?

News, discussion, get assistance for technical problems with PC games not listed above, or share your insights.
rditto48801
Location: In an ACU, riding an Appleseed style Spider Fortress, on a Mammoth class Dropship.

Re: Games you played?

Post by rditto48801 »

Cobsy wrote:
rditto48801 wrote:Forgot a few RPGs I had.
Elderscrolls 3 Morrowind
Now thats an awesome game :D Can you imagine Morrowind with the oblivion combatsystem and gfx :)
Strip oblivion from its levelling system and it would be great, Morrowind is the greatest game in that.. well i have only tried Morrowind with Bloodmoon and tribunal anyways, I stopped Oblivion kinda fast after I completed the MQ ;)
I've never played Oblivion.
Not sure if my PC can even run it.

I think I've had more fun with the Morrowind editor/construction kit than actually playing Morrowind. :oops:

I had the original, then a friend got me the GotY edition that included Bloodmoon and Tribunal... it's at least installed on this computer, along with all the official updates/mods... again, think I ended up spending more time toying with new things in the editor than actually playing the game... :whi:
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
Blín D'ñero
Site Admin

Post by Blín D'ñero »

My limited english vocabulary blocked me from playing Morrowind. At the time i had no idea what a RPG is, i just thought i was going to play a beautifull game. Never came far. Too much text. :(

Here's my list of all games i own. Tested them all, not played them all. Usually in level 1 i see whether i like a game (and play through) or not.
Favourites in red.

A2 Racer - Europa Tour. Same as Vacantie Racer.

Aliens versus Predator. Great! I discovered this game too late. Still have to play it through, maybe will if i find the time.

Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare. Crap.

American McGee's Alice. Fine, but not my type of game. Very good game if you like the type. Personally i don't like the attitude/atmosphere/characters/story/gameplay.

Apocalyptica. Evangelistic first person shooter! Abandoned by the developers.

Area-51. Grrreat FPS!!!

Assassin's Creed. Jesus Christ! What a beautifull well made interesting and exciting game. Except that the flags collections are useless... it doesn't reward you with more replay value.

Beowulf. Just started, don't know what to think of it yet Rated 18+ but it's childish! You have to kill giant crabs, see red pixeldots splattering off, then the bodies exploding into disappearing pixelcrumbs, and a hard-edged shadow of the crab's body sinking into the ground. Imagine with a bunch of 12 giant crabs you are killing, exactly the same happens 12 times. Limited controls, third person view. Hard to control your little puppet while trying to kill(!) a huge (10000 times Beowulfie's size) sea-monster with his sword.
Have to play it through yet. Not tempting much.

Bet On Soldier. Looking good, and potentially a great game, but unfortunately very buggy. In second level i decided it was so unplayable it wasn't a fair challenge anymore. Abandoned by the developers.

Beyond Good and Evil. Very good game for the youngsters: FPS gameplay (3dperson view) but the 'weapon' is a camera. Brilliant!

Bioshock. I didn't want this game, from the demo i didn't like it plus it was too heavily drm infested. I just waited till it got cheap. €18,- isn't too cheap, but well ok. So i bought and installed it. Haven't played it yet.

Black & White + Creature Isle. I do not like RTS games and RPGs.

Blade of Darkness - Severance. Good old classic.

BloodRayne. Very easy and smooth game. Butcher hordes of nazis. Well made.

Boilingpoint - Road to Hell. Never really got into it, too much text. Nevertheless, good game (i think).

Brothers in Arms. This is only for those who like to play according to military strategy; you need to lead your team. I'm more the 'soldier of fortune' type of gamer.

Call Of Duty + United Offensive. Very linear and very good! Yes i love this.

Call of Duty 2. Very good. I haven't finished it yet.

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. I waited and waited till it got cheap, but it never became. I decided to just buy it, €52,-. Installed, but not played yet.

Call of Juarez. Mixed feelings. Very good landscape, atmosphere, AI, story. Once used to the gameplay, big fun. But also with horrible graphics elements (in DX9.0c): rocks like some sort of synthetic glass, and the stupidest river-water i have ever seen in a game. I will post sceenshots of that someday. In DX10 a little better but still it's obvious the designers never saw water water flow through a river. As a game very good parts (mainly), opposed to very bad. And suffering of bugs (falling through walls, broken grphics, disappearing objects etc.).

Carmageddon.

Carmageddon 2.

Carmageddon TDR2000. The first dinkey-toy car racing game i saw was Vacantie Racer. A bit boring though. Carmageddon TDR2000 is the first game besides Tomb Raider i got addicted to very quickly. Amazingly funny. The car physics, the over the top rudeness in an innocent, cheerful way (like kids do). Uncomparable to any other game.

Chaser. Great FPS.

Chronicles Of Riddick. One of my favourites.

Clive Barker's Undying. Good game.

Cold Fear. One of my absolute favourites. Great atmosphere, thrilling.

Colin McRae Rally 2005. Meh.

Command and Conquer: Renegade. Very good classic FPS.

Conflict Desert Storm. Buggy. Cripple.

Constantine. Well made game, but this is a wannabe Max Payne and i don't like MP.

Contract J.A.C.K.. Exactly No One Lives Forever (the same makers), and i like that. Great game!

Counter Strike: Source.

Counter Strike: Condition Zero + Deleteted Scenes. KING of team games. Absolutely superb in every respect. I only play against the bots (and they are very good). Online gaming is a world i don't like.

Crazy Taxi. Meh.

Crysis. Amazingly beautifull. As a game: superb classic FPS.

Daikatana. Classic, very good, i think. But i stopped where level 2 starts for some reason i forgot, something in the gameplay turned me off. Should try it again maybe.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. The most amazing and spot on designed game i have ever played. My biggest favourite!

Delta Force 2.

Delta Force - Black Hawk Down.

Deus Ex: Invisible War. An old classic.

Desperados -Wanted dead or Alive. I detest it.

Devastation. Great game.

Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza. Very good, one of my favourites.

DiRT. For free with a videocard.

Doom3 + Resurrection of Evil. Superb.

Dronez.

Druuna - Morbus Gravis. The most horrible POS of a game i have ever seen/tried to play.

Duke Nukem Manhattan Project. Actually a 2D game. but KING in this genre. Great fun. But i can't stand the '2D' system.

Dukes of Hazzard. I must have tried it (at least for installation and testing) but i don't remember.

Dungeon Siege. Not my kind of game. I don't like RPG nor any 'bird's eye view' games.

Evil Twins -Cyprien's Chronicles. I didn't enjoy it. Gameplay (controls) not very intuitive, not fluid, but it's amatter of getting usded to. The game story: it's a kid's world, 'nuff said.

4x4 Evo 2. Well made 'four wheel drive' rally. But not enough to care.

F1 World Grand Prix. I don't care for serious F1 racing. I'm a Need For Speed boy.

Far Cry. Excellent.

F.E.A.R.. Very good AI. Excellent gameplay. Vey nice graphics and gore. But B.O.R.I.N.G. game. Lame attempt to suggest horror effect with the Grudge girl, and an enemy with vampire-like habits. That doesn't work on me, i want a good game. Which this isn't to me.
Idiotic physics: very limited with the objects you can or cannot move. For instance you fall into a deeper floor. You cannot build a pile from the 2 cases a table and a few planks lying on the ground to be able to climb out of the pit. So you're stuck like a sad idiot, instead of the tough soldier you're supposed to be. Lazy graphics: decall by the bullets in the concrete walls is always the same absurd large holes.

Fighter Duel Special Edition. Old. The only game in history i didn't manage to even get installed on XP at all.

Fighting Force. Funny and surprisingly dynamic game. Good humor. Core Design (makers of Tomb Raider).

Freedom Fighters. Good game, but i lost interest very quickly. Ported from PS? I don't find the controls and the autosaving methods (checkpoints you can't add or change) very comfortable. Third person view plays weird.

Gabriel Knight 3. THE proof that a good game does not need nice graphics. With a strong voice and good story with uncomparable humor like this one has, you start to love the simple comic-like graphics.

Grand Theft Auto 3. Simply excellent gameplay, revolutionary at that time. But i got VERY annoyed trying to identify with this guy with no other goal than working for the mob. Not my character. Exit.

Ghost Recon (+ expansion packs Island Thunder and Desert Siege). Only tried, haven't really played them through.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Irritating.

Gore - Ultimate Soldier. Great satisfying shoot em up game, i had lots of fun.

Gothic 3. Not played through yet, and don't think i ever will.

Gun. Ugliest graphics and interface. Awful gameplay. Seems made with 8 yo's together with their grannies in mind. I'll never touch this again.

Gunlock.

Half-Life + Blue Shift. EXCELLENT absolute favourite.

Half-Life2, Episode 1, Episode 2. EXCELLENT absolute favourite.

Halo Combat Evolved. I really really tried, but gave up. Not my kind of game.

Heavy Metal FAKK2. Curious thing.

Helicops. Not bad for a Windows 95 game.

Hidden and Dangerous 2. Annoying, cripple gameplay.

Hitman: Codename 47. Same vision as Max Payne and FEAR makers expose. Totally detestable character (come om guys, you want me to identify with this?!), gameplay isn't intuitive ... I don't like it, period.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. Got it for free with my Audigy card. Graphics have improved. Character tries to get my sympathy. Sorry.

Hitman 3: Contracts (demo). Playing the demo. Only the graphics have been improved, but same gameplay. Still don't like it.

Hitman 3: Blood Money (demo). I've seen more than enough Hitman.

IGI (Project: IGI). Too primitive.

IGI 2: Covert Strike. Classic FPS. Good game.

Impossible Creatures. Crap.

Jane´s Attack Squadron. Crap. Bought it to have a sense of flying and enjoy landscapes. A total mis-interpretation of the box, shouldn't have bought it.

Just Cause. It's so darn easy and stupid, superficial and funny. Childish. Dynamic. You can really go everywhere you want. On your motorcycle uphill like no way in real life. There is really nothing in this game that obeys to real law of physics. Looks like the creators were drunk when they made it. Hasty port from PS2 probably, and not tested. And no patch released. I don't get why Eidos released it in this state. Of course it wouldn't be a bestseller. Are they nuts throwing away their investment and our money?! (€5,99 i paid, but still).
Anyway: good music, great looks, good atmosphere. Despite the many bugs of all sorts (motorcycle / car engine has no sound but you hear the grass when you drive over it lol), i like it and i know i'll play this to the end!

Kingpin -Life of Crime. Offensive rotten low-life trash. Not even funny.

Kreed. Excellent classic FPS.

Legacy Of Kain: Defiance. Miserable gameplay.

Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King. Not my kind of game.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition. Hmm. Dunno what to think about it yet (level 2).

Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter. Very good classic FPS.

Mafia. I don't like movies and games romanticising mobsters, period. Got sick in the stomach beating people to death with a baseball bat. Also got very sick driving around in very unresponsive unspeedy cars, the worst was with that antique racecar. After this, launch Need For Speed... what a relief!

Manhunt. Good game(play), but sick.

Mass Effect. Excellent excellent. Wow i love it! Adventure, FPS, RTS, squad, and awesome graphics and sound it's all in. So rich of excitement and entertainment a game can possibly be. In a form i never saw before (could be me though). Because you buy/earn skills and decide your own way through the missions, a lot of investigating etc the replay value is high.

Max Payne. Qua gameplay excellent. But that's the only positive. What's wrong with this game is the lame cliché. "Film Noir", my ass. The complete MP series is cheap crap pulp IMO. The fake guy talking tough in his leather jack is a laugh. The kinda guy i'd like to see run over by a bus or fall off a building and stay dead.

Max Payne 2. See above.

Mech Warrior 2 - Mercenaries. Win 95. Bought it (for €2,50) only to see what it was. -.-

Mech Warrior 4 - Vengeance. Win 98. Bought it (for €2,50) only to see what it was. -.-

Medal of Honour Allied Assault (+ expansion packs). Top notch.

Medal Of Honour: Pacific Assault. Top notch.

Men of Valor. Top notch.

Mega Race 3.

Messiah. Funny, good humour. I couldn't really get into it though. Not so pleasant controls.

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2000). Rubbish.

Morrowind The Elder Scrolls lll -GOTY. Impressive. Role Playing Game with much too much text and not so much humour. Except when you choose to carry no clothes at all.
"My time is precious, so make it quick! ...Aaahhh!!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1IRxTN- ... re=related :vlol:

Moto GP 2.

Myst lV - Revelation.

Need For Speed Hot Persuit 2. Absolute top!

Need For Speed Most Wanted. Absolute top!

Need For Speed Porsche 2000. Great!

Need For Speed Underground. Disappointing.

Need For Speed Underground 2 . Even more disappointing.

No One Lives Forever . Great!

No One Lives Forever 2. Great!

Obscure. Blech. Not even scary.

Oni.

Operation Flashpoint - Cold War Crysis.

Painkiller + BOOH Gigantic! One of my absolute favourites.

Penumbra Overture Episode One. Original. I stopped early in the caves, should pick it up again soon.

Peter Jackson's King Kong. Good!

Pirates of the Caribbean. Absolute crap.

Plane Crazy. Funny.

Portal. With the Orange Box. Not played yet.

Peggle Extreme. Free 10-level trial in Steam.

Postal 2. Funny.

Prey. Beautifull and surprising. One of my favourites!

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Nice.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. First level, then stopped.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Haven't played it.

Project Eden - Max Load: 4.

Project Snowblind. Mwoah.

Quake.

Quake 2.

Quake 3 Arena. So addictive.

Quake 4. Fine.

Rally Championship 2002. Good, for the genre. Not my genre though.

Real MYST -realtime 3D version.

Riven - The Sequel to Myst.

Rage Rally.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Complete crap

Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Excellent, beautifull and great great fun.

Roller Coaster World.

Sacrifice.

Schizm.

Severance - Blade of Darkness.

Shade - Wrath of Angels.

Shadow Man.

Shadow Ops - Red Mercury.

Shellshock Nam '67. Rediculous.

Silent Hill 4: The Room. Into the dustbin with it.

Sin 1. Very good!

Sin Episodes - Emergence. Very very good!

Sniper. Antique.

Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix.

Splinter Cell. Yes. Good, thrilling. However, i'm not so fond of stealth, i'm more an action guy.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Same.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Same.

Splinter Cell: Double Agent. The bugs are rediculous, controls unprecise/unresponsive. It seems i found the previous SC's better.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Very very very good.

State of Emergency. Fun for the kids i suppose.

Supreme Snowboarding. Simple. Fun.

Swat3 - Close Quarters Battle. Not a 'swat' fan. "command your team" and then getv judged according to 'official professional police squad standards. I don't want study, i want counterstrike!

Syberia. I detest it.

The Ship. Original and gets my full respect for that, but i don't like the gameplay, sorry.

The Suffering. Nope.

Tactical Ops. Talking about a buggy, extremely unbalanced game...

The Great Escape. Mwuah.

The House of The Dead.

The Thing. Great. Should play further than level 1 one day.

Thief: Deadly Shadows. Nope.

Thief: The Dark Project.

Tomb Raider 1. Absolute.

Tomb Raider 1b - Temple of the Cat. Absolute.

Tomb Raider 2 . Absolute.

Tomb Raider 2b - Golden Mask. Absolute.

Tomb Raider 3 . Absolute.

Tomb Raider 3b - The Lost Artifact. Absolute.

Tomb Raider 4 - The Last Revelation. Absolute.

Tomb Raider 5 Chronicles . Absolute.

Tomb Raider Level Editor. Custom levels. 100s. Absolute.

TRLE Gold 04 - Lara at the Movies. Absolute.

Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness. Semi-disappointing.

Tomb Raider: Legend. Very very beautifull. Qua game(play) a sort of rehearsal (i thought) for the next generation of TR games.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Yes and no. Beautifull, and has very good moments. But also very disappointing overall. The game is ruined by the obliged attack methods to beat certain enemies, wrongly placed checkpoints, and the interactive cutscenes.

Total Overdose. I quit somewhere at 1/3d.

Trackmania Original.

Tron 2.0. Blinkey-blinkey. Probably good game, but too techno.

Tropico. Sorry. Where's the dustbin.

True Crime - Streets of LA. What a crap.

Ubersoldier. Odd game. I had fun. Killing nazis is always fun.

Unreal ll - The Awakening. Good. Nothing wrong with it.

Unreal Tournament 2003.

Unreal Tournament 2004. One absolute favourite.

URU - Ages Beyond Myst. Beautiful alright. Didn't finish it though, and won't.

Vacantie Racer. I just had lots of fun with it (back in 2001), the first dinkey-toy driving game i ever saw, i fell of my chair from laughter. But it totally vaporized when i started Carmageddon TDR2000.

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines. If my english weren't so weak i probably would have loved this game. But i can't play if it needs a dictionary with it.

Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption.

Vietcong.

Vietcong 2. Very good classic FPS!

X2 - The Threat. Uninteresting.

Xlll. Comicbook style, very original. This is a fun game and well made. The style with the comicbook intervals (like MP) bores me quickly though. But where MaxPayne's weakness is the pedantic "comic noir (in "film noir" style)" style, in Xlll the actually joyful comicbook style is pleasant.

XPAND Rally. Beautifull environments. RR (realistic rally) but i don't care about RR.

[EDIT 25 september 2008] I'll stop updating this post every time i buy a new game; i'll make a new post for that.
Main PC: Asus TUF Gaming 570-Pro (wi-fi) * AMD Ryzen 7 5800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * Asus TUF Radeon 6800XT * Creative AE-9PE * 2 x Samsung 980 Pro * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair HX 1000 * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell U3010 * Windows 10 x64 *

Office PC: Asus ROG Strix X570-E * AMD Ryzen 7 3800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * MSI Radeon 5700XT * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * 2 x Corsair Force MP600 * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair AX 1200W * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell P4317Q * Windows 10 x64 *

Old workhorse PC: * Intel i7 4790K * Noctua NH-D15S * Asus Maximus VII Hero * Corsair Force MP510 480GB M.2 SSD * 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 * Sapphire Radeon R9 290 * 3 x Dell U2410 @ Eyefinity 5760 x 1200 * Corsair HX 1000i * 7 x WD Black / Gold HDDs * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * Asus DRW F1ST * Corsair K95 RGB * Corsair M65 PRO RGB * Steelseries 9HD * Coolermaster STC T01 * Edifier S530 * Sennheiser HD598 * Windows 10 x64 *
rditto48801
Location: In an ACU, riding an Appleseed style Spider Fortress, on a Mammoth class Dropship.

Post by rditto48801 »

Wow, BlindNero, that's an impressive list.

Alien vs. Predator? Which one? Isn't there like a half dozen different games with that name? :confused:

I've played and beat Beyond Good & Evil (X-Box iirc), it is an excellent game, I beat it. (I hate the rooftop area dodging stuff past the area where you have to sneak alot, because the entire area is 'you get detected you loose' crap. The flying whale was nifty)

Black & White and Creature Island, got them, but never beat them. Got maybe halfway through the second land. For some reason I lost the 'file' or some such thing relating to my creatures 'skills', and when I got back to the game, my creature acted as if it was never traind in the first place. (think it was due to cleaning up the HDD, backed up the saves and had to uninstall a few games for a HDD hogging game, when I reinstalled Black & White and loaded my save, my creature was an idiot again...)

Blood Rayne, friend has 1 & 2 iirc, seen both beaten, got to play them a little myself, liked them a lot. Chop, chop, slice, hack, suck, kick, grapple onto back, suck, hack, hack, fling into fireplace...

I never owned Carmageddon, but I remember playing a demo. Once wiped out, hit a ramp and pulled of some sort of stunt without pile driving the car into a nearby building.

A friend of mine owns Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay.
I've borrowed and beat it, an excellent game.

C&C Renegade, okay game, although it could have used a few minor improvements.

Deus Ex 1 was a great game.
2 sort of stunk a little, not as flexible as the first, and I don't think it had the same story writer involved, but still a good game in many ways.

Devestation, played a demo, liked it, never found the game when I had money, eventually gave up on finding it.

Doom 3 + expansion, got it on X-Box, beat both.

Dungeon Siege was a good game for me, but then again, I don't mind that kind of game view.

Farcry, played a demo, liked it, but never bothered to get the full version.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto, friend owns it, got to see him play it a lot. Ah, the memories of almost dying multiple times from lack of air due to being unable to stop laughing to actually breath. :vlol:

You also got Heavy Metal FAKK 2?
It was a good game IMHO, other than the minor trouble trying to beat the final guy ("this gun sucks... oh, wait it does suck... suck on this!") :D

Impossible Creatures, played the demo, okay, could have used some improvement. Could get some absurd creature combos on that game.

Legacy of Kain, friend has most of those. I think I may or may not have the first one.

Max Payne was a good game, although I hated the 'drug induced' stages.

Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries, was it any good?

Mechwarrior 4, almost beat it, it had a fatal CTD at end of last mission, I got annoyed and stopped playing it.

No One Lives Forever, friend has it on console, seen many bits and pieces of it. (I got drafted as a FAQ reader...)

Oni, friend has it, seen a little of it, they say it was a great game.

Pirates of the Caribbean, haven't played it, but most 'movies turned games' seem to suck, now if they would only rely on good gameplay to make money rather than just making money off of the license and then sailing off in a new yatch before sales plummet due to sucky game reviews... :smh:

Prey, friend got it recently, they showed me the first stage (after the abduction), looked great. He says a 'hardcore gamer' he knows says the game sucks because it is hard to 'stay dead' in the game. (they would probably think Crysis on max difficulty wasn't hard enough... I swear they would hate a game if it didn't kick their teeth down their throat the moment they turned it on.)

Project Eden, think my friend has it. (has a 'teenage gal' who is an 8ft tall chunk of metal/cyborg?)

Quakes, played the first one, back when the graphics were considered great...

Resident Evil 3, friend owns it... heck, they own all of the RE games.

Schzm, sounds familiar.
Is that the multi-CD game where the two people end up in 'duplicate' worlds, where they can communicate by radio, but soon claim to be in the same place with no sign of each other, plus all sorts of tests revolving around the fact what happened in one duplicate world affected the other? (i.e., person 1 goes up elevator, person 2 shows up and the elevator is no longer on the bottom floor)
Think I might have that one, think I beat it.

Sin, had a demo once, forget if I played it or not, but it looked interested (especialy the 'bad girl'...) :bigok:

Syberia. Is that the old game, or the newer one with the gal who visits a town of clockwork stuff (two different games with similar sounding but differently spelled names, Syberia and Siberia iirc)

Tomb Raider, friend has most if not all of them.

Ouch, Tropico denied. I like it, but then again, I like those kind of games... takes a bit getting used to, a lot of patiences, and sometimes a little to much micro management.

Unreal II Awakening. I used to own the X-Box version, it sucked in one way. The enemy grafics were choppy as hell. You had good terrain, good effects, but some of the enemies were like 4 FPS or some such crap. It's like the X-Box version sucked at doing the animation of the enemies. They also apparently cut out some of the cutscenes that were in the PC version. Otherwise a good game, but the ending was a bit sad.

XIII, got it on X-Box, beat it, still angry that there is no sequel.
I like the little 'comic frames' that pop up when some poor bad guy has just got a crossbow bolt upside the head, and how you 'see' the sound of enemy footsteps.

On a side note, my friend is a console gamer. They got a lot, PSX, PS2, X-Box, X-Box 360, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance (regular and SP) the Nintendo DS, Nitnendo Gamecube, etc. They used to own the 3DO, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis w/ Sega CD and the 32bit thing that plugged into the top of the Genesis, the Sega Saturn, N64, Gameboy (they might still have it), Gameboy Color (they might still have it), Sega Nomad (they might still have it, basically a 'portable' player for Genesis games) and even the Atari Jaguar, until one time they needed money for bills and such, and when they got their X-Box. They have hundreds of games still for the systems they do own. They have a bookshelf full of them...

I don't think I listed my console games, just my PC games.
(I got new style NES with top slot, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, PS2, PSX, X-Box, Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced SP, Dreamcast, some sort of portable Sega system (Game Gear or somethin? was friend's, he gave it to me because it didn't work, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it). Don't got many console games, though, most I had is like a dozen different games for one of them.
There is also the protective layer of dust on many of them... :D

It is interesting that in this day and age of sleek 3D graphics, that I occasionally still like to dig out and play an old 16bit game console.

I'm also into board games and pen and paper RPGs...
Yep, I still have next to no life, but at least I can have fun even if the power goes out. :yep: :whi:
I'm also good with pool.
Just don't let me anywhere near any vehicle other than a bicycle... :clown:
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.

Doctor Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
Blín D'ñero
Site Admin

Post by Blín D'ñero »

Nice to read all your contributions! I want to post all covers with the titles, but costs a lot of work so i'll need time for it. And also expand more on my opinion per game, like you all did.

@rditto48801: it's mainly a large list because i use to dig through the sales bins, having 5 games shops nearby, on my daily walk with the dog i see all games and usually attack when prices have dropped! :D Not many games i buy for full price. Ah... i should add that too with each title.
All Tomb Raiders i bought full price, also Half-Life 2 series, Painkiller, Carmageddon TDR2000, Crysis, DOOM3.... i believe that's it. The rest i bought cheaper or cheapest.

I remember Quake 4 was €15,- minus 10% customer-card discount = €13,50 within 3 months after release. UT2004 i bought more than a year after release, €15,-. MANY games i bought for less than 10 euro's. When a game attracts me for whatever reason i feel the need to "taste" it, to satisfy my curiosity, you know what i mean. Add to that: i will never throw a game away no matter if i declared it garbage. :D And to help people i must be able to test on my own PC's. :fact:
Main PC: Asus TUF Gaming 570-Pro (wi-fi) * AMD Ryzen 7 5800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * Asus TUF Radeon 6800XT * Creative AE-9PE * 2 x Samsung 980 Pro * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair HX 1000 * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell U3010 * Windows 10 x64 *

Office PC: Asus ROG Strix X570-E * AMD Ryzen 7 3800X * Noctua NH-D15 * Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB * MSI Radeon 5700XT * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * 2 x Corsair Force MP600 * 7 x WD Gold HDD * Corsair AX 1200W * 1 x Asus DRW-24D5MT * Dell P4317Q * Windows 10 x64 *

Old workhorse PC: * Intel i7 4790K * Noctua NH-D15S * Asus Maximus VII Hero * Corsair Force MP510 480GB M.2 SSD * 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 * Sapphire Radeon R9 290 * 3 x Dell U2410 @ Eyefinity 5760 x 1200 * Corsair HX 1000i * 7 x WD Black / Gold HDDs * Creative Soundblaster ZxR * Asus DRW F1ST * Corsair K95 RGB * Corsair M65 PRO RGB * Steelseries 9HD * Coolermaster STC T01 * Edifier S530 * Sennheiser HD598 * Windows 10 x64 *